Monday, December 12, 2005

The Attack of the Night Before

So, here I am...waiting for the grid to come back up...so it can go back down for major update in the morning...I'll be at work, so that's not a big deal to me.

Seems there is a pattern of grid attacks just before a big update. :/

Last night there were a bunch of cubes rezzing and flying around but they kept sending the spam, "object could not find object" or something like that. Seems they realized they messed up in their scripting and tried again tonight and did it right (or is that wrong?).

The forum is full of people, over 1000 at the moment, and there is lot's of speculation about what happened.

I guess I'll call it an early night and try again tomorrow after the update...and maybe, hopefully, I'm crossing my fingers here...my recently upgraded video card and ram will enable me to view this cool new feature they're calling ripple water. Looks nice in the screen shots but I can't get it to work on my laptop.

I just loaded the 1.8 preview onto my desktop, (as suggested by Jeska Linden)...but can't log it tonight either.

::sigh:: ::yawn:: ::stretch::
Goodnight :)

Well...I played in the preview for a while...surfed the forums for a bit, then finally went back into Second Life. Shortly after I arrived at my home, the attack began again. The little buggers looked like this: http://www.sluniverse.com/pics/pic.aspx?id=44475
But Linden Labs shut them down before they became way too many. The little balls were bouncing around like crazy saying "oh shit" then suddenly, they were gone. POOF!
Nice Job LL!
Ok, Goodnight for real now. :)

Here is a good article about the attack the time before this one.

No comments: