Saturday, December 17, 2005

Torrid Midnights Model Search - the finalists

A couple days ago, Torrid Midnight, the designer and face of Torrid Wear, announced the finalists for her model search. Here's the list of the lucky ones who made the first cut.

Finalists:

Anarchy Cinquetti
Emma Thorn
Ingrid Ingersoll
Kawaii Akebono
Kimberly Casanova
Noel Marlowe
Pancake Stryker
Pip Puff
Rayne Moonlight

I won't lie, I was disappointed to not make the cut, until I looked at the profiles of the finalists and realized I didn't have the 'edge' that Torrid was looking for. I'm too goody two shoes and that's just fine with me. I'm not saying they are bad, just edgier than I am.

All the ladies are lovely and I have one I am hoping for, which I won't name, but I am disappointed that there are some finalists who already have their own clothing line for which they are the "face" that represents their line.

Personally, I would not choose another designer to represent my line, it's bad marketing. You have this face that represents your brand, no, wait! They represent that other brand...no wait! wtf??

Being IN marketing in RL, I know how important branding is, and I hope that Torrid will realize that picking another designer, friend or not, is just bad for business. And she IS in business in Second Life.

What I am looking forward to, is finally using my sim crossing land to hold a party for more than 40 avatars to attend...We're going to celebrate the winner and the finalists and honor all the lovely ladies who had the guts to even try for the spot.

I can't wait to meet everyone. I've got to get busy building!

No comments: